This throne, made entirely of Australian blackwood and upholstered in Australian leather by Messrs. Pengelley & Co., of Edwardstown, was offered to the Society as a gift in June, 1927, by the then President of the Society, Mr. A. A. Simpson.
It has a triangular pediment, below which is a carved oval medallion bearing the monogram R.G.S. It is flanked by two Egyptian capitals with ball finials and the back pad is surrounded by a framework with roundels to corners. The throne was re-upholstered in red ‘morocco’ leather and paid for by Moxon Simpson, A.A. Simpson’s son, in approx 1996.
Held by the Society in the Library | Relics & Artefacts