The final session for 2023 is a field trip to The Grange, the name of Captain Charles Sturt’s home from 1840-1853, including a tour and morning tea.
Built in 1840/41 for the Sturt family, it now contains the Sturt Collection, the largest collection of Captain Sturt’s artefacts in the southern hemisphere, the Gallery with its comprehensive story of Captain Sturt and the original home and garden of the Sturt family. There is also an extensive library of books of the 18th and 19th century publications belonging to the family. The Museum contains items which were previously owned by the RGSSA.
· Location: 39D Jetty Street Grange (adjacent Grange Primary School) with adequate on-site parking. The website has details of transport by bus or train if needed.
· Assemble by 10.30am near the entry to the Gallery Wing
· For $15 per person, we will receive a guided tour of the Museum plus morning tea.
· We can pay individually, either by cash or credit card.
· You must register at last one week before, as the Museum needs firm numbers.
Image courtesy of the Charles Sturt Museum
23 November 2023
Members: $Museum Non members: $15